May 25, 2016
Are your lips shielded from the sun? Although many people are aware of the risks of UV damage to the skin, 70% of beachgoers use no lip protection according to a recent study by the Skin Cancer Foundation. Furthermore, the actual SPF provided by lip block is nearly always lower than the number on the label because the balm isn’t applied thickly or frequently enough.
The current state of lip cancer in the United States is rife with good news and bad news. While the lip cancer survival and cure rate is high, this form of cancer (along with skin cancer as a whole) is increasing dramatically. Often overlooked, a lack of sun protection, regular tobacco and alcohol consumption are factors in the development of lip cancer.
May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month, which means Envy Skin Clinic is providing FREE tubes of EltaMD UV Lip Balm Broad-Spectrum SPF 31 to our customers with the purchase of any sunscreen. This creamy, long-lasting moisturizing sunscreen soothes and protects dry, chapped and sun-exposed lips. The high-quality lip balm’s benefits include:
- Water-Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Moisturizing with Transparent Zinc Oxide
- Fragrance-Free and Paraben-Free
- Doesn’t Block Pores
EltaMD UV Lip Balm Broad-Spectrum SPF 31 not only helps prevent sunburn, it can decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun. Liberally apply the lip balm 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Make sure to reapply every two hours and immediately after towel drying. Lip cancer is a serious health risk and must be taken seriously. Stop by Envy Skin Clinic to take advantage of our May promotion and protect your lips!
April 8, 2016
1. Avoid Smoking
Smoking causes early aging of the facial skin. Reasons for this include:
- Changes in the elastic fibres of the skin.
- Narrowing blood vessels (vasoconstriction), which reduces blood supply to the skin and can cause changes in skin elastic fibres and a loss of collagen.
- Reducing Vitamin A levels and moisture of the skin.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet
Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Be sure to avoid Soda, High Fructose Corn Syrup as well as refined carbs.
Stay hydrated with Obagi Facial Moisturizer.
- A good sunscreen is necessary for UV protection.
- Sun exposure is the most common cause of skin aging. An SPF rating of 30 or more will protect you from the harmful effects of UV exposure.
- Sweating improves your skin’s elasticity and tone.
- Exercise or a sauna is a good way to induce sweating.
- Sweating is your body’s way of keeping your skin clean. Toxins build up in your pores every day that need to be released in order to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Sweating helps you do just that. This way, you’ll avoid getting any unwanted rashes, pimples or any other skin infections.