5 Preventative Tips for Healthy Skin
April 8, 2016
1. Avoid Smoking
Smoking causes early aging of the facial skin. Reasons for this include:
- Changes in the elastic fibres of the skin.
- Narrowing blood vessels (vasoconstriction), which reduces blood supply to the skin and can cause changes in skin elastic fibres and a loss of collagen.
- Reducing Vitamin A levels and moisture of the skin.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet
Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Be sure to avoid Soda, High Fructose Corn Syrup as well as refined carbs.
Stay hydrated with Obagi Facial Moisturizer.
- A good sunscreen is necessary for UV protection.
- Sun exposure is the most common cause of skin aging. An SPF rating of 30 or more will protect you from the harmful effects of UV exposure.
- Sweating improves your skin’s elasticity and tone.
- Exercise or a sauna is a good way to induce sweating.
- Sweating is your body’s way of keeping your skin clean. Toxins build up in your pores every day that need to be released in order to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Sweating helps you do just that. This way, you’ll avoid getting any unwanted rashes, pimples or any other skin infections.