December 31, 2013
December 3, 2013
September 19, 2013
We’re going to break down a list of products in order of start to finish. We do not recommend you necessarily need to use all of these products, but because everyone has different skin types and everyone uses different products, it’s a good list to find the ones you use and follow the order of start to finish.
Skin Care Routine – Start to Finish
-Cleanser: Start out with a clean slate each day.
-Toner: Used mostly from those with oily skin and should be used on freshly clean skin.
-Glycolic Acid: Once you start looking for anti-aging properties, many people toss the toner for a glycolic acid product. Face wipes make it super easy to incorporate effective exfoliation into your morning routine.
-Spot Treatment: If you’re using a spot treatment for acne, the active ingredients need to be directly on the skin’s surface for best results. Use after your toner or glycolic acid treatment.
-Serum: Serums contain highly-concentrated ingredients that penetrate the skin’s surface deeper than moisturizers. A serum should always be applied before your moisturizer.
-Moisturizer: Apply your daily moisturizer after your serum has had time to completely soak in.
-Eye Cream: Apply with your ring fingers and gently pat it into the skin around the eyes.
-Sunscreen: If your moisturizer does not have SPF protection, use a stand-alone facial sunscreen. Reapply throughout the day.
-Primer: If you use makeup and would like to use a primer, it would come after your facial skin care products. Follow with concealer and foundation.
Before bed, follow the same routine (without sunscreen, of course) but make sure you’re not overdoing some of the products that have harsh ingredients in them which could lead to dry, red or flaky skin. Make sure to follow the recommendations by the manufacturer. Some products are only needed in the morning (example: eye creams for puffy eyes) while others should be used morning and night (moisturizers).
September 9, 2013
- Smiles improve your appearance. Charles Gordy once quipped: “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks”. All you need to do is think about how you feel about a person who is frowning and a person who is smiling – who tends to be the better looking?
- Smiles make things right again and say much more than words can. If you’ve goofed, said something less than complimentary, feel lost or alone, or feel down, a smile can set things right again. A smile lets other people know that you’re prepared to be open to them, and that you’re willingly agreeing to set things right where needed.
- Smiles create trust and rapport. A smile is a great way of establishing mutual feelings of being on the same level as others, whether that is one-to-one or in front of a group giving a presentation. A smile says “I’m OK, you’re OK, and we’re all going to enjoy one another’s company”.
- Smiles make you feel good. Even if you’re feeling a little blue, insert happy thoughts into your mind and just add that smile. The smile will trick your mind into feeling better, as endorphins are released to reduce physical or emotional stress.
- Smiles make other people feel good. An open-mouthed smile is visible from further away than a frown, offering people reassurance that you’re friendly.And it makes people feel better to see a smile, from afar or close up.
- Wrinkles are better when they’re smile lines rather than frown lines. Mark Twain said: “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been”; viewed this way, smiles are an indication of your overall character, which becomes more and more outwardly telling as you age!
- Smiling is a good long-term predictor of happier life outcomes. Smiling attracts health, happiness, friends, success, and a longer life.
Source Cahaya Purnama
June 7, 2013
Check out our Newsletter for this month at:
March 22, 2013
Eden Prairie and Mendota Heights Laser Hair Removal – The Envy Skin Clinic Difference
Envy Skin Clinic in the Twin Cities features 4 different Laser Hair Removal Lasers:
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a procedure in which hair is destroyed by utilizing a long pulse laser. This process has been designed and perfected through years of research and experience.
The laser parameters are carefully determined by examining the anatomy of the hair follicle and precisely matching the laser light and pulse duration to the follicle size, depth and location. This process prevents the regrowth of the hair in the designated treatment area.
Laser hair removal is performed by a specially-trained laser specialist who distributes the light of a long pulse laser onto the skin. The laser works by disabling hairs that are in their active growth cycle at the time of treatment. Since other hairs will enter their growth cycle at different times, 6 treatments are necessary to disable all of the follicles in a given area.
Our lasers can treat all skin types, including tan skin, safely and effectively.
We offer a written guarantee to anyone who purchases a package of 6 treatments. Simply put, if you’re not hair-free in 6 treatments, you have, depending on the package, between 1 year and 18 months to come back for touch-ups, for FREE!
*Guarantee does not apply to pigmentless or velus hair.
Types of Hair Removal
Envy Skin Clinic offers hair removal on all areas, including, but not limited to:
Brow Laser Hair Removal
Upper Lip Laser Hair Removal
Chin Laser Hair Removal
Full Face Laser Hair Removal
Full Chest or Back Laser Hair Removal
Bikini Area Laser Hair Removal including Brazilian and French
Full Leg Laser Hair Removal
Feet and Toes Laser Hair Removal
Envy Skin Clinic serves the Twin Cities metro area of Minnesota, including Minneapolis and St. Paul